01-18-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
GeneHackmanCrisis
Rep
Drives: 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonLight72 View Post
About to install ER catted DP on 16 340i xdrive

2 real thick spacers and 10 thinner ones came with unit

I heard some need them on xdrive model and some don’t end up using them?
When needed, apparently they go with the metal pan that surrounds DP? No indication of anything with pamphlet that comes with DP

Also air box removal and lowering of back end of exhaust onto brace a necessity???

Trying to be proactive for the unforeseen so I bought OEM DP gasket AND an OEM V Band clamp. I’m wondering if I should also pick up an OEM mid pipe clamp as well? What do you think? I’ve seen a few people say they couldn’t get the mid pipe clamp off. Maybe nut melted onto bolt or something......

If I don’t need any of these OEM parts the dealer said I can return for refund as long as it’s unopened....

Car has 37k miles so I’m hoping it’s not high mileage enough to where all the above mentioned components would have to be used
You may be able to reuse all 3 of those parts ( gasket, v band , and mid pipe clamp ) but you really don’t know until you start taking them off. 37k miles is not high mileage but it’s a 16 so it’s almost 6 years old which may have more to do with what you’re asking than mileage. But again hard to say.

You could install DP without removing airbox and lowering end of exhaust but it will add probably more time to your install than if you just took airbox and lowered exhaust. I think exhaust only has 2 connections to lower it.

Those spacers I don’t know much about. That’s a crapshoot I guess...don’t know
Appreciate 0