Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistat40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
No downside other than that you are missing out! The midpipe makes the biggest difference imo. It will definitely be louder than just the axle back but not obnoxious (unless you are constantly backing off throttle at 5k rpm, which I'm positive you won't be able to stop doing). Obviously everyone has different preferences but I think it's the ideal volume for a daily. I always ask my friends what it sounds like from the outside and most of them say "it's not obnoxious but you can tell it's not stock". It's pretty quiet when you are just cruising but it's like a trumpet once you get on the gas.

If you are torn, you can just start with the axle-back and then get the midpipe later on if you aren't satisfied.
Saw this old post - but does it drone with AWE midpipe and axleback?
Not at all unless you are super sensitive to exhaust sound. You'll hear it VERY slightly at highway speeds but it's a nice note, not a buzzing that hurts your ears.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0