12-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #24
Finny
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor1angray View Post
bootmod3 rep in a helpdesk ticket I submitted told me that N55 should not be flashed with Stage 0+ as those are not quite compatible.

To my question on what map I should flash while still being on OEM without any upgrades, Stage 1 was recommended.

What do you mean charge pipe was blown off? Like physically blown off while driving? Can this happen on Stage 1 with 435i OEM equipment and if so what can be done to prevent this? Sorry about noob questions, still pretty new to the tuning world.

Thanks!
Yeah, they told me after the fact that the tune isn't for our car. But the fact it's in the OTS list after the car has been read seems pretty confusing. All the other tunes are specifically for N55 EWG except the Stage 0+.

Whilst driving, under full throttle in second gear the car shifted back to first and instantly the stock charge pipe blew off. The T-MAP sensor plug was ejected from the pipe completely, the top lip blew off a section and the c clip came off the top. Stage 1 will most likely do this as well.

Solution: Buy an aftermarket charge pipe and change it before you do the flash.

Last edited by Finny; 12-10-2018 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0