General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Too late by then though. That's why I like my Road Angel- tells me when I'm coming up to those places where the vans sit.
Problem is these mobile vans are by their nature all over the place and, as the fleet increases, so do the number of places they frequent; do you find the Road Angel updates are good at keeping-up with that?

When you're driving locally you tend to know where they might be sitting but ideally what you want to know is when they're actually there; flashing headlights from vehicles coming the other way is usually a good give away but not something you can necessarily rely upon!

The irony is most of the time I pass these things and they're of no consequence because I'm not speeding anyway. However, you only need to be caught once for it to be NIP time and it's all too easy to stray 10% plus 2mph over the limit on a quiet stretch of dual carriageway or A-road.....
Yes it does. It has a SIM card and gets live updates all the time. I notice it most when going through contraflows and average speed zones that move regularly- its bang up to date on the start and end points 99% of the time.

However, because it warns you of every mobile camera zone and all fixed sites it does bleep a lot, which will irritate plenty of people, my wife especially!

And also I get to compare it to what warnings Waze and a Tom Tom with live updates gives you, when driving the Boxsrer and the Road Angel is more thorough. They bleep much less and do miss things occasionally.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0