01-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #21
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M3Driver View Post
A single press of the button does not turn DSC off (I know that the icon still says "off" but it is not), it activates the DTC mode of DSC - DTC, is a mode that allows wheel spin and still provides stability control if the rear still slides to the left or right. DSC off occurs when you press and hold the button and then you have wheel spin and you will have no stability control.
Yes I see that it says DTC activated when pressing that button. So that would appear to mean DTC is not active normally? DTC appears to be a traction feature that kicks in only when turning off another more "basic" traction control system. What exactly is that normal traction control that is turned off when pressing this button then? In other words, what does the squiggly line icon really represent? It's not DSC or DTC.

As I understand it at this point:
Mode 1: Normal/no buttons pressed - Squiggly icon traction system active, DSC active, DTC inactive
Mode 2: Squiggly icon button pressed - Squiggly icon traction system deactivated, DTC activated, DSC still active
Mode 3: Press and hold squiggly icon button - All systems off (squiggly icon system/DTC/DSC)

haha Sorry to carry on with this.
Appreciate 0