10-15-2020, 04:41 PM   #117
kevinb21
as long as it runs :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i/ e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
man have i been searching for this thread for years. don't know how i did not find it earlier. i have a 09/2012 build and am 95% sure i have CIC High with the 6 pin connector. going to order the Road Top NBT version and try this out.

it sounds like the mic tap comes with the NBT version from road top. the one question i have is, has anyone wired in a backup camera with this MMI?

i don't have a backup cam and was thinking of doing that retrofit at the same time.
I know, I started this thread looking for answers too after I bought a 400$ cic CarPlay paperweight. I got the road top unit. It's not bmw own level good but it's honestly great. I love it, for the backup camera the unit has a reverse camera trigger and input. Theoretically you just get power from the reverse lights or something to trigger the unit and a camera mounted and it should do the trick when the car is in reverse but I can't make any assurances. my car has the oem reverse camera. As for the mic, it gives you an adapter to use the oem one but I opted just to run a new mic and clip it to the a pillars due to my laziness, good luck with this project If anyone needs help feel free to message me!
Appreciate 1
aps336.50