View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 08:45 PM   #2300
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
It won’t be able to control the backlight as it is not implemented as a normal android backlight driver. The mcu controls the backlight of the screen and only gets its commands through a serial port connection in Eventcenter.apk
On Android 4.4 units one can adjust the brightness in the settings. There 2 independent controls for brightness One for rearview camera/info screen when you are in oem menu and the second one for Android mode. When it gets dark and I turn on the headlights it dims the screen by reducing the backlight. It works well for me with one exception. I keep the brightness at max setting (100) for Android mode to fight with reflective screen during the day. When it is dark the light output with reduced backlight setting is still too bright. I have to reduce the brightness further to 80 or even 70. CF.lumen can fix my problem by reducing the gain (rgb). Basically it is a contrast control with independent controls for rgb. I am currently using it to reduce the horrible blue tint my screen has. The original screen is of higher quality when it comes to greyscale accuracy. Will you be able intrested in Android 4.4 mcu file?
I am not sure how brightness control is implemented on other units (android 7, 8) from various manufacturers.
Appreciate 0