View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #99
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznium View Post
That's the whole point and thanks for clarifying. These are small changes and nothing big. Some people (like me) and C&D did not notice much difference but some did like yourself. What I am trying to say is that people are coming here and giving subjective reasoning. All I am presenting is facts based on professional conducted tests. What you like and what I like does not really count that much.

I will probably not buy a 3 in the future. I think the only way to experience a true BMW these days is to buy a M car. For comfort I'd rather go with 5-series or a Benz.
Tests don't tell me crap if one test was done on a cold or fall day and another on a hot humid day. If one on a manual and the other on an auto transmission. Go drive them back to back and drag strip is the only way you can tell.
I posted the time of 4.8 from the other mag with manual. What does that mean? Maybe tested on a colder day? Maybe better driver? So if you are looking at objective numbers than you are looking in the wrong area.

1. Test drive them back to back.
2. Take general consensus as that is usually better than one's opinion since one's butt dyno may be out of whack.
3. Logic in numbers. Almost identical hp and torque numbers with similiar slope, but elimination in lag and higher rpm would tell you faster launch hence quicker 0-60 and better power to redline would indicate higher speed and faster to 1/4 mile+
4. Wait for some drag strip runs with time slips between 335i mppk vs 340i.

With the 2nd statement I like to use the general consensus from people who have owned 335i mppk and upgraded to the 340i and people who have 335i and test drove the 340i because if you went for a test drive and the vehicle didn't feel much different and everyone else is saying there is a huge difference than it may be possible that there was something wrong with your demo test drive car. If I go test drive a 335i and 340i back to back and notice a huge difference and everyone else is saying the opposite than it is possible that the 335i that I went to test drive might have a problem etc. This is why I like to take the general consensus in such discussions and not eliminate the fact that I could be totally wrong and not just me noticing or not noticing the difference.
Appreciate 0