10-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #36
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
If you think the Model 3 is going to be even 1/2 as nice as a 435i you're kidding yourself. The Model S is not well built or particularly comfortable - it just looks fancy and futuristic. The Model 3 is their first foray into a mass produced car and will be more like a Corolla in terms of actual material quality and amenities.

Tech-wise it may be pretty cool with the semi-autonomous driving coming soon but I have zero desire to buy one myself. I think of those more as a toy or gadget that you can kind of commute in if you want.
I’m kinda with you as in this will be mostly for city driving in Los Angeles and I was always thinking nicer more autonomous Prius anyways. I do agree with you that I was even perceiving it as a gadget and that is probably why they’re successful. I am stil a car guy even though I love gadgets. I don’t drive a stick anymore but having the shifter and ebrake there still feels right. I’d totally get the lci of my car but they’ve gotten pricier from a finance sense, cheaper in msrp and I am realizing Tesla’s not leasing the model 3s which may also negate my thought about trying it. They have however applefied their resale values- so I don’t know what’s smart for that car if I got it. It’s too bad not one person has said to buyout my car, it’s been a dream so far but that’s also maybe cuz I only have 14k miles on it after 3 years. A new snapper rocks m package 440 with led lights does sound right though
Appreciate 0