View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 07:25 AM   #31
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Awesome thanks man. I'll check em out. Hopefully the stock Zimmerman rotors can handle them. Any issue running the HP+ in the front 4pots only and the HPS 5.0 in the rear single piston stock caliper?
I know people on here have a fetish with brembo rear brakes but I have had no issue with mediocre rear setups. It isn't until you add some functional downforce in the rear that the rear brakes really start working. So IMO that is perfectly fine as a setup. But like everything you have to trial it and see what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao View Post
HP+ are a great entry level track pad.
Cold bite is insanely good, so great for AutoX and DE 1/2 events.

But if you start to push your car on a road course, HP+ can fade pretty fast, and its scary as hell when they do. So I would not recommend them for more advance runs. I was lucky that the turn my HP+ faded had an escape route, if it failed a turn sooner or later, I would of ended up with a wall to clean up. (This was in a much lighter E30, I could only imagine what a F30 would do on a brake intensive course)
Like I said, I've had great luck with it as others. But I was on 200tw tires. I haven't run them with rcomps yet, maybe next season. My HPS pads did fade after a few minutes of driving though, so i upgraded to HP+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
The ducts did rub when I went close to full lock. Eventually I replaced the hoses when they wore through.

You're on a slippery slope, you know. While a functional mod, you're aware brake ducts reduce the streetability of the car. Next it's a harness, then a lightweight battery, then a half cage, then seats ...sooner or later you end up with something you feel is wasted anywhere but the track and become reluctant to drive it. Not sure how I'd know that.

Charles
And I agree on your thoughts about the upgrades, hence my original questions. I've seen so many people throw some good tires and brakes on an otherwise stock car and have a lot of fun. Once you start focusing on reducing weight and adding "endurance" mods, it's very easy to make the car a lot less streatable. And at the end of it, your main question will be why didn't I start with a cheaper, more capable platform. You can also ask me how I know haha.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
CJ4211524.50