medlyleeds
Rep
Drives: G20 320D x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by medlyleeds View Post
Hi

Just a quick question. I had a set (wishbone and trailing arm) of these installed recently on the front of a BMW F30 but the wishbone ones (camber adjustment) have failed on both sides in a matter of months and hardly any mileage. What was the problem with yours? I have not used mine to introduce a large amount of negative camber, only to adjust out a slight bit of cross camber (maybe like 1/4 a degree)

Mine now have a large amount of play in them but the bolts appear to be tight. The mechanic thinks the bushes themselves have failed, not the eccentric mechanism.

They are getting replaced this week so maybe the reason for failure will become apparent.

Thanks
The SuperPro wishbone/LCA bushings fail because the poly flanges aren't rigid enough to prevent the arm from rocking forwards and backwards. The bolt can be fully tight, but ultimately it's the flanges that prevent rocking.
I wondered whether they are just too firm and instead of absorbing the shocks like rubber and then returning to their original shape they just end up been subjected to forces they can't handle and fall apart
Appreciate 0