Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksnap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
Was the noise it was making a rhythmic humming sound? Like on/off, not constant? My car is doing this, thought it was the tires originally but after my last service the noise didn't change any (assuming they rotated tires during service...).
Quote:
Was the noise it was making a rhythmic humming sound? Like on/off, not constant? My car is doing this, thought it was the tires originally but after my last service the noise didn't change any (assuming they rotated tires during service...).
Yes, it can be on and off. Always there but can be louder under certain conditions. An ever so slight loading of the drivetrain will make it louder, even on a down hill with a slight decel loading/drag just going into a coasting condition. Going back to the dealer in a few days.
My 14' issues so far. Left front wheel bearing @ 28k, transfer case @ 44k, check engine light just came on @ 48k, and it's still making the mechanical rumble, directly related to speed.
Quote:
^My issue turned out to be a wheel bearing as well; at least for now. I do have that partial load whine still, but I need to replace my tires as well so I want to be sure it isn't them.
Do either of you use spacers by any chance? And do you both have stock factory wheels?
Appreciate 0