09-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #39
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw142 View Post
So the latest is that they decided to replace the Vacuum Pump, Check valve and Camshaft in my vehicle. The car was in the shop for 27 days and got it back about three weeks ago and wouldn't you know it but last week I was getting a weird feeling in the brake pedal, but the car would come to a stop as usual,so I figured maybe they fixed it. Well last friday,while out of town, I applied the brakes heading into a traffic circle at a slow speed and the pedal once again got hard and the car continued forward. Also, the engine once again revved to about 3500rpm as if in neutral, and not pulling forward. A quick pump of the brakes and regular breaking returned until the very next day, same issue.

As usual BMWNA customer service was notified and I told them that the car is unsafe to drive and I would have it towed the 135 miles back to the dealer at which point they informed me that I would have to pay for the part of the tow over 50 miles. Are you kidding me. You put out a defective vehicle, with braking issues and want the owner to pick up the tab. Finally the dealer stepped in and said they would pay the tow and try to get reimbursed from BMW.

The car once again is at the dealership, 4th time for the same issue and BMW customer service is non existent. The executive customer care gentleman that I have been dealing with, has not returned numerous phone calls or emails, even after I was told he would call me back when he got out of a meeting.

The dealer tried contacting him yesterday and so far no response even back to them.
I fully understand if the Service rep was on vacation, but still three weeks with no communication.

Needles to say, BMW is not the BMW of years ago where they took care of their customers.

While searching the NHTSA complaint files there are 6-9 complaints with the same issue I have described and all early builds of the 3 series including and x3.

So once again I am driving a loaner as my car sits at the dealership waiting for some type of guidance from BMW.
Lemon Law it. You are clearly over 30 days now.

http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.g.../lemonlaw.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousemoon View Post
Am really concerned about this too - wonder if BMW is doing anything about this braking issue?
They will not get serious until a large number of people start lemon lawing their cars.
Appreciate 1
Rebound152.50