View Single Post
      08-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
crapSOOT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2011, 328xD 2014

DIY - Led Fog (F32 to F30) Install Only!!

Hello all, I have read through the posts regarding install and coding for LED fog light, but I missed the install DIY, I did this over this weekend and wanted to share.......these are F32 lights, I am putting on my F30, I tried to find some specifically for F30 with no luck.

YES, I know my car is dirty.....

On the scale of 1-10 (10 being don't do it) this is a 3-4 only because of me removing the wheels.

parts:

Fog Lights
63 17 7 315 559
63 17 7 315 560

Tools;
T25 torx driver

I decided to remove my front wheels to take photos and have better access...
Just the new light with part #

Here you see the wheel has been removed and shows the small bolts to be removed to gain access. The arrow shows the location of one more bolt out of the picture frame.
You are doing this to move the fender liner out of the way.

This shows the location of the two screws(T25) holding the light in place, remove them, then disconnect the wire harness.

the following just shows the difference between the lights

Plug wiring harness in the new light, install, and secure with the two screws and put car back together. The passenger side is the same no unexpected surprises other than a dead bug or two.

I suppose you could do this without removing the wheels, by just taking off the grill in front of the fog lights(it just pulls off), and using a mirror to visualize the two mounting screws, it just needs a little more patience.

Final result.....

.....sit back and enjoy your hard work. Don't forget to code, there are so many threads for coding it did not make any sense to add my coding to this post.
You are doing this on your own, use my post only as a guide, your car may be different.....GOOD LUCK

Last edited by crapSOOT; 02-28-2018 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: pics
Appreciate 5