10-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #16
B1ue52
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F32 420d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by percychow View Post
FWIW - where I live, washing a car can be a pain using tap water. We have stupidly mineral rich water, so if you miss a spot during a rinse or dry, you have a white stain that takes vinegar to remove.

Personally, I am looking at trying Distilled Water in my power washer and using the soap feature.

I use Meguiar's quick detailer for light dust though.
Any kind of waterless wash is just bad. No matter how it is used it swirls the crap out of your paint. A lot of them contain polymer fillers that fill these swirls as you wash so you don't notice what you're actually doing. Then most people use a polymer or silicone sealant over the top, which again fills and hides all the swirls and marring you just inflicted on your car. Theyre just bad, please don't do it. If you cant wash at home, go to a service station and use a jet wash and dry it afterwards.

This includes using quick detailer as a wash as quoted above. If you are wiping dust off your car with any product then you are scratching the crap out of it. QDs are for use on a clean car only.

If you suffer with water spotting, consider getting an inline water purifier on your hose feed. If not, just use a quick detailer to wipe over the car once you have dried it and that should remove the hardest of water spots. No need for Vinegar or anything else acidic.

I would personally love to get my hands on someone's car that swears by waterless washing etc, strip back all the layers of crap product they have covered their car in, put a sun gun on it and show them how badly they have trashed their paintwork, but some people just don't get it, but their car, their choice. I just wish they wouldn't encourage others to do the same and present it as "advice"
Appreciate 0