View Single Post
      08-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
rjc32000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335Xi M Sport 6MT

I realize that past performance is not an accurate predictor of the future, but I have a 2003 Honda that was produced in Mexico that has been absolutely flawless over the past 9.5 years. At the time, Honda built this model in either Mexico or Japan, and the Japanese built models were much more highly desired by the cognoscenti due to concerns of build-quality in Mexico. From my experience, my Mexican-produced Honda has been absolutely brilliant with zero problems. (By contrast, my german-made VW was absolute rubbish in terms of quality and reliability.)
Keep in mind that the 3 series isn't exactly a hand-built vehicle; it is produced on what appears to be a mostly automated assembly line (at least on the production videos I've seen). It isn't like a bunch of 3rd-generation Bavarian craftsmen in pristine white lab coats are lovingly building the current 3 series from scratch in their family workshops. I know many will vehemently disagree, but I'm not too concerned with where my car is built as long as it is built to BMW standards. Especially if it results in a cheaper sticker price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy_bimmer View Post
Fail, same mistake VW did. Ill make sure not to get any of those models during that time period let alone a FWD bimmer ! cheap labor - cheap parts = no love going into that bmw
Appreciate 0