United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I sense a bit of brand snobbery here, to say nothing of your comment's beingjust another form of ad hominem line of justification having no logical, or rational value.
"Brand snobbery"? Really? That's a rather bold and also rude and crude comment, considering that what I said was true. Neither of those brands are BMWs - I didn't say anything about it being superior (which I personally feel it is, after 50 years of driving more types and brands of vehicles than you likely ever will). I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with someone who feels the need to correct everything that someone else says just to feel superior, especially when it's based on misinterpretation.

Lexus is part of the Toyota corporate empire, and as such, they're as much a Toyota as a Lincoln is a Ford. Try not to forget those basic items. As I once said to a friend, whose retired parents had just bought a Lexus, "they're nice cars, but they have no soul", and he readily agreed with me. Not everyone would.

Regarding Cadillac, again, these are GM alpha-platform cars built by the UAW, as are most other GM vehicles. In other words, they're typical of the one-platform, many-body lineup that GM offers to its customers, differentiated only by fascia and brand logos. Having owned multiple vehicles from the "Big Three", they're not my cup of tea any more, no matter how good Car and Driver says they are.

So - getting back to the OP's original premise - he can buy whatever he wants to save his BMW for better weather, but if he's trying to find a cheaper substitute for his more highly-valued brand, that's exactly what they'll be - they're NOT BMWs, so his satisfaction level may not meet his expectations.

Don't read something into every contrary opinion you find on here, Tony. This is two-dimensional blogging, not a face-to-face conversation, and the opportunity to mis-interpret is as wide as an interstate highway.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0