09-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #599
AweSam8
Super Spectacular Awesome Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E70 X5M, 2014 F30 335i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
I've had my PPK installed for several months now. I drove my car for many months before the PPK was released, and eagerly awaited the release date; I placed the order on GetBMWparts.com within minutes of them adding it the site when it was finally released in the US. The installation was a real nightmare (one of the first to be installed that required the DME swap, and no-one in BMW NA seemed to know what to do, see this ridiculous thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821701) and took the dealer a couple weeks, obviously they didn't charge me any labor. When I finally got the car back, I was pretty pleased with the result...but now, I'm used to the little bump in power and never think twice about it ( I do still enjoy the sound though). It was fun the first couple of weeks because I could notice the change after the PPK was installed because I was so familiar with the car's performance pre-PPK...I kind of wonder if it would be more "fun" to get your car and drive it as-is for awhile, and THEN install the PPK to enjoy the little bump in power and change in sound...seems like if you have the PPK from day one it wouldn't be as much "fun" because that will just be your baseline from the beginning. Just my two cents. I don't regret getting the PPK...but at this point, the novelty has long worn off and I could take it or leave it.
Hmm... So you're now without the PPK? My dealer is gonna give it to me installed at the port for $1000. What do you think?
Appreciate 0