View Single Post
      10-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #15
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatiey1990 View Post
So I good news for all the manual f30 owners out there! Me and my buddy bought the auto m performance lsds when they had that insane sale on them (we picked them up for $550) thinking we can pop them into our manual cars. We were wrong, they are not plug in play as the diffs are different lengths and also the autos have different axle shafts than the manuals. So we bought used auto axles ($160 for the set) and we bought used auto drive shafts ($150). We used the rear part of the drive shaft and extended it. We did this thru a drive shaft shop that did the job and modified the drive shaft to the correct length. After that was done it we just put it all together and Bam! It worked! Total spent on parts $860, the drive shaft shop charged $150 to modify it and our genius buddy that helped make it all happened and put it together charged us for putting it together. I believe the manual m performance lsd is around 2500 so with that being said if you really want to and can still find one for a decent price is well worth it.
How is it driving with a different gear ratio? Auto is 3.15 and manual was 3.2x? Or somewhere around there.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0