shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner44 View Post
Hello everyone I bought a cable off ebay and the guy tried to sell me software. I told him I was going to look for an older version online that didn't require a token. He told me that if the car was programmed with a later version then the old version of the software would not work...Is there truth to this or will I be fine with the older software? My car is a 2013.. I am just looking to program the mirrors and the door locks.
It is mostly true, although to clarify, all versions of E-Sys require an EST Token to FDL Code, including the "older online" version.

The widely circulated E-Sys 3.18.4 included a leaked EST Token, hence it is now referred to as the "Free" version. You can use this version with PSdZData up to 48.2 for F20 / F30 Chassis, or 48.3 for all other Fxx Chassis. This covers cars dealer programmed up until sometime around March 2013. If the car was programmed since then, due to new changes in the PSdZData, the old E-Sys 3.18.4 will no longer work, and you will need E-Sys 3.22.5 with 49.x PSdZData. Since E-Sys 3.22.5 does not include a leaked Token, you will need to obtain one on your own.

As for what versions you need for your car, its impossible to know without actually knowing which version of ISTA/P was last used to program the car.

In any event, I would not be buying coding software from eBay merchants.

Out of curiosity, how much was he going to charge for the software, and did it include the Token?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0