View Single Post
      10-06-2017, 04:15 AM   #12
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG_M3CP View Post
This has to be an iDrive software issue.

I didn't have Apple Car Play previously but the issues you describe are exactly how my Spotify used to work (2013 335d) - I ended up having a little routine to make it work; connect, start playing, switch to radio then back to Spotify.

It was annoying but worked.

Then I got the X5 and bought Online Entertainment - a revelation with no further issues.

Now I have the M3 which came with Apple Car Play - everything works seamlessly and I question the need to pay for Online Entertainment in the new car. I prefer Apple Music and can now make it work really well.

Given that my new car works so well, perhaps a software update by the dealer is your solution?
This is interesting, so you were using Spotify in the 335d and had these issues, in the M3 you say you prefer Apple Music, is that what you are using with no problems? Have you used Spotify at all in the M3 with apple play?

On another note, is the data used for the online entertainment provided by the car or your phone? I heard it is limited to deezer and Napster?

Thanks for the reply. I will be asking about software for a few things, had the idrive screen “no input” screen and the collision warning system failure a couple of times, all software related too hopefully.

Last edited by RoShambolt; 10-06-2017 at 05:00 AM..
Appreciate 0