View Single Post
      06-05-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

Not doubt it'll help, the issue here is its not really a good test because non of the correction factors are presented nor is temp nor pressure and these can massively reduce or increase power so parameters are not the same. IATS are pretty good stock ic wise not much higher than ambient, so to increase power by an intercooler it's pressure drop or IATS reductions/intercooler design in terms of flow end tanks etc etc, pressure will give gains for obvious reasons and lower IATS will be a small extent. Generally if you see lower IATS and charge temp you can increase fueling because your egts will be lower. In a diesel you always get a high percentage of power yielded from fueling alone and boost to a much smaller extent and timing to an even smaller extent (as that's often left alone).

It's difficult to obviously compare and do a before and after on the same day, I genuinely believe if it was on the same day the increases would be far less. Don't get diesel tuning mixed up with petrol tuning they are different to an extent!.

I'm not saying it's shit or having a dig rather than saying it's rubbish, I'm explaining why those figures are not purely down to the intercooler and my experience and why it's on the high side.

Last edited by Ajs_435d; 06-05-2018 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0