View Single Post
      11-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #212
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
ewg learns, thats why after some tune “run in” you have less throtte closures.
also you can make tune which runs actual load below target in learning
process, not above. you will have 30-40 hp less in the lerning period but
no annoying closures which you can feel with butt
so I know my logs aren't showing anymore, but I definitely remember the main difference between v2.0 and the previous BM3 revision was "improved boost control." When I ran logs, all they did was request 14psi until 3000rpm or whatever, and then as the car overboosted it bumped request up to 16.5. So it looked more like they were chasing the wastegate response time rather than allowing the car to learn.

Personally I've only seen throttle closures in my logs. I've never felt it in the car on an OTS tune. The boost is smooth and consistent, so the actual throttle angle changes play no effect in the butt dyno. It's just weird that the wastegate response is so slow that throttle angle has to come into play. I've never had that issue on previous cars with stock or aftermarket boost control. Even on my stock log, the throttle closes to 60% because boost spike to 10psi when target was 8.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0