View Single Post
      03-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #112
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitom7 View Post
I gotta disagree on that one Kevin, DaW is close to new on the B58 platform, so it means they bought it recently. TU pump isn’t so new on the platform in comparison to Daw. People spending a good amount of cash and changing their mind few months after.
In my perspective the decision between a 500 and 2700$(approx) spend is different.
Upgrade and selling i agree but so little time between the buying and the selling is awkward IMO.
I think Daw make good products but time will say how reliable it will be.
Ok. Your perspective doesn't mean that owner's aren't doing it.

I know 2 people locally that have purchased their 340is and are on their 2nd turbo all in the past 12-18 months. Bought a car, modified stock turbo, upgraded turbo, and swapped turbo. In a less than 2-year time span.

One started with a GC and went to a DAW, the other started with a GC and when to a Pure. One is already putting his car up for sale.

I know several others that upgraded from Pure/DAW to Big Boost/DOCRace.

Or you can simply ask the owners. None of them are keeping it a secret.

So yeah, That's exactly how it goes. It's not just our platform either. Every community is littered with builds that have less than 5000mi on them for sale.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0