03-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #13
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
I'm running OEM black/silver 437m's that I bought from an M3 owner. Nice and aggressive, love the fitment. Not sure I'd like a CF fin and black roof, the difference between the two may bother me. I'd have to see a pic though.

To install my lip, small self tapping screws were used under the bumper to ensure it stays attached properly. Even if it was removed, you wouldn't be able to see the holes so not a big deal. I don't know how you would attach any lips securely without screws. I'm lowered on H&R sport springs and have scraped quite a few times, making me glad it's screwed in (no movement of bumper and no visible damage to lip). That thing needs to be able to withstand a lot, especially driving 80mph on the highway with the wind force.

The older and lower quality vinyl wraps should be replaced every 3 years. I've also read that the metallic/specialty wraps only last about 3 years. Black/white is much more durable. If you're more worried about your paint underneath, you just need to take care of it and do your best to keep it out of the sun when possible. If you park out in the sun and heat all day every day, 3 years would be a safe bet. But even then, the paint will probably look fantastic underneath. I couldn't find any reviews saying SW900 or 1080 messed up their paint after only 3-4 years, when applied properly.

You have to keep in mind that good quality wrap actually protects the paint underneath, moreso than being exposed to the elements during that time. I'm sure your installer can give you some more insight as well. At least you won't have to worry about 1080 or SW900 wrap fading or discoloring, like good window tint it's got great UV protection built in. 1080's gloss black claims "The film is coated with a UV protective layer which lasts up to 7 years outdoors." And Avery claims "up to" 12 years for their black.
Yeah I feel pretty safe about the roof wrap, the guy is gonna get back to me later about doing it this Saturday
How hard was it to attach the front lip? Did you do it yourself? I'm thinking of gettting Dinan springs with bump stops, the shops charge a lot for installing springs over here, the roads here are not so good and my girlfriend's garage has a big slope, it might be fine as she never scraped her Civic Type R which is pretty low in stock form, she does have to go very slow over there.

I can't find the silver/black 437Ms, do you have any picture? All I see are complete black ones.
Appreciate 0