View Single Post
      10-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #186
BwatM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90; 2020 G01; 2014 F31

Installed M Performance Brakes on my F31 today! My biggest challenge was getting the lug studs off. Effing Sears had them well over 200 ft/lbs (I was lazy and didn't feel like putting on my new 398 Orbit Grey wheels last week).

All in all, it took me about 5 hours (1 hour just to remove lugs). It was a bit of a challenge getting the caliper bolts off all 4 corners. It seems like they come with quite a bit of Loctite from the factory. I let the bolts soak in PB Blaster for a bit, which helped.

I bleed the system in the proper order twice, then used Reingold to activate the DSC bleed procedure to shake loose any additional air bubbles (there were some).

I then VO coded SPBR to the HO-WORT folder, Using Serpent720 instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent720 View Post
Just installed the M Performance Brake kit and did this the DSC coding, and braking feel is great. This is what I did

Using Esys 3.23.4 with psdzdata 51.1

1. Connect=>Expert Mode=>Coding=>Read FA=>Save FA
2. Editiors & Viewers=>FA-Editor=>Go to HO-Wort and right click to "Edit", then type (means add) "SPBR" under HO-Wort folder
3. Highlight the FA, "Activate FA" and "Calculate FA" to verify no error is found after adding the SPBR.
4. Check the Vehicle Profile to locate the "aftermarket retrofit" and verify the "SPBR_18_ZOLL_SPORTBRAKE" is added to the folder
5. Write FA to the car. No confirmation window will pop up after saving the FA to the car. So you need to go to next step for verification.
6. Expert Mode=>Coding=>Read FA. You are able to see the SPBR being added to the HO-Wort folder on your car.
7. Read SVT, and locate the "DSC" (File Folder SVT/ECU/DSC), then right click the "DSC" folder and select "Code". Coding would begin immediately.
8. Wait until the coding is finished, and repeat Step 1 to save a copy of the new FA.
9. Unplug the PC from the car. The M-Performance Brake is now enable and enjoy the genuine M-Performance Braking experience.
So far the biggest difference is the looks! The car looks AMAZING! The yellow really goes well with Mineral Grey. I'll get some better pics up tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your help! This is definitely an easy DIY. My two closest dealer's quoted me $620 and $1140 for the install. Definitely glad I did it myself. It only cost me $5 in brake fluid from my local dealer and $60 for a pressure bleeder from Amazon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0