View Single Post
      07-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #13
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Tied for 2nd behind the Continental SportsContact 6 (2018,2017 and 2016 as MPSS was #1 in 2015). The SC6 are night and day better than my former S001 RFT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Comically, a UK website that “subjectively” rates tires (or tyres) said the MPS4S were better than the MPSS, even though they did not give as much feedback to driver as the MPSS did.

Why is that comical?

Because a year earlier they claimed the MPSS was better than the SC6 because they stated “subjectively” the MPSS had the edge over SC6 (even though the SC6 won all their tests) because the MPSS gave slightly more “feedback” to the driver than the SC6.

Guess you can have it both ways.

That’s why AutoBild is the most respected Independent Car Magazine/Site in EU compared to some YouTube Sites, who coincidentally had just gotten back from their MPS4S 5 Star all expenses paid rollout in California.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...ay.jsp?type=MP

PS4S is 1st and MPSS is 2nd in TireRack survey results. I've had both and I can attest to those ratings. I rarely if ever see SC6 being run at HPDEs. I've had decent success with the PS4S and PSS at HPDEs.

The problem with SC6 is that they are pretty much unavailable. There are no 18" tire offerings. So they pretty much are this mythical tire offering that the vast majority won't be able to procure.

Another thing to factor in is that they are 240 tread wear rating tires. The PS4S and the PSS are in the 300 treadwear rating so they most directly compete with the Extreme Contact Sport. Bridgestone has a new S007A in the 240 treadwear rating that I would consider because at least they are available in 18".
Appreciate 0