View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #13
joekreate
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Sedan

I might be interested if I can get more photos/videos of them. Might be helpful for the post as well. To be honest the pictures just seem to show that these reps either faded or have no gloss black at all. The first picture is pretty clearly edited with oversaturation and darker shadows. I mean the reflector in first pic is the most red-orange reflector I've ever seen, and contrast is so cranked up that your kidney grills have nearly lost all detail as if they are just solid black like you'd see on an i3.

As for the reasoning, having trouble understanding how brake dust can so evenly change the color of the entire outside surface of the wheel (vs inside edges), and so drastically at that. And even if it did, why not just wipe it down and make em shine?

I really don't mean to call foul here at all, just saying these photos might not be helping your case to get rid of them because at the surface it's a good deal if in fact they do have that deep black in them. Since that's the reason people seek replicas out, for an identical look.

In any case, happy to see more photos and/or videos showing them. Thx.
Appreciate 0