03-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #72
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldsy View Post
I'm sure it will be a gorgeous car with lots of gadgets - anyone who gets one wont be disappointed. The N55 is a great engine (most of my complaints on bimmerpost are about the transmission).

I'm still confused as to why we need a 3 series and 4 series and I really don't like the different lines. Ordering my current car was a breeze - I wanted heated seats, nav, and m-sport - done and done. When the F30 came out, for sh*ts and giggles I went to the website to check them out. Spent forever just looking at the comparison chart just to decipher what they meant by a modern line.

Can't say I agree with the direction the company is going in, but at the end of the day, I still enjoy being a BMW owner and would consider one before looking at another brand. It's an expensive addiction!
The cynic in me says implementing all these "lines" is just another ploy to make more money from their options.

If you want certain options you have to get certain lines and by getting a specific line you are probably getting 2 things you want and 4 things you don't.

And how many times have we added an option and seen the pop window that says "by adding X option you must also add Y option?"