View Single Post
      11-13-2016, 03:56 AM   #24
djalexnl
Rep
Drives: f10

I started this retrofit this weekend as winter is coming. Have some questions hope some of you can help me with.

My car did not come with the vibrating motor so I had no power cables running to the steering column so I pulled two wires to the following connectors on the JBE

Z1*10B pin 8 (-) Brown/Red Cable
A34*3B pin 8 (+) Green/Blue Cable

I used free pins next to the airbag connectors I measured on the steering wheel column.
I added 248 option and VO code SZL_LWS ECU.

I have the following problem / error in ISTA-d:

steering wheel electronics module missing LIN slave.

(The button to activate the steering heating works and lids up if I turn it on)
Questions:

Do I need to VO code the JBBE to activate the pins to send 12 volt? Or is the power on the pins always on by default? I know some of you also did the same trick as me.

Also if I measure the pins I use (I use 2 free pins next to the airbag connector pins) in the steering wheel column I should read 12 volts coming thru right?

What does LIN slave mean? ( im dutch so I try to understand. Is it the + or – cable?)

I also had some problem with the Z1*10B pin 8 (-) using the pin part number
61130007438 is it the correct one? I think it’s in correct but I try to find the problem.

Also I have the question can I use the 61130005197 pins to put in the airbag plug free spots /holes I have a problem getting them in, is there a trick to getting them in? or do I need to use force? The plug looks different than the one next to it.

Hope you have some tips for me.

Thanx in advance and greetz!
Appreciate 0