Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I ask because I think there are a couple ways to do the MHD BEF. You can have the MHD tune base while JB4 is in the background, or vice versa. It seems like the MHD tune is in the background in your case, because the logs look more like a JB4 log than an MHD log. Their E30 blend files target much higher timing as I've documented in the 2nd post of this thread. The JB4 flash that you did can't do what the MHD tune can.

So using that as a baseline, I'd say that you have a lot of room to increase power, driveability, and safety if you switch JB4 to map 0 or whatever the off map is and flash the MHD E30 file normally so that it runs the show. No reason to incrementally bump the JB4 maps when you have a properly dialed OTS map at your disposal. Then the JB4 is solely there for failsafes and you can log with MHD instead. I know Terry offers the maps for free and it seems like a nice pickup, but it's not worth it. JB4 is just an inferior platform to use at this point. Personally, I'd ditch it unless you're going to use it for auxilliary fueling or meth.
Was thinking about this today and wondered if EWG was part of the issue. I was operating on some older Intel and didn't think I needed it but read recently that it's recommended for BEF. I don't think I did the flash wrong, I had the JB4 set to map 0 when I flashed. Could the issues be related to missing the EWG add on?
Appreciate 0