Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
They're looking around for people to help test and evaluate the JB4 back end flash maps.

First you'll need to contact MHD to get in their F series test group. Then you'll use MHD to flash stage 0, take a backup of your factory BIN, then email that factory BIN backup to BMS along with details on the car like mods, fuel, tuning goals, and they'll send the most appropriate BEF. You DO NOT need to purchase any MHD map package or logging package since the JB4 does that for you.

Mike
I am kind of clueless with the tuning side. So I understand this, I will need to do the initial flash of MHD stage 0 through MHD, using an Andriod Device and the Bimmergeaks cable (so I need to add the cost of the cable and MHD). Then email the BIN to BMS. The actual flash tunes from there would be through JB4, through the JB4 app? Which are maps optimized through BMS?

Why is this better than just using MHD to flash and then using their maps? Because BMS maps are free? Or are there other positives to staying with the JB4?

I do not have an Android device, but do have a JB4, so this is why I am considering this route. But I have not installed my JB4 yet, so if I can save that headache of not having to run the wires, and get the same end result, I am considering just selling the JB4. But if the JB4 will allow me to use just my JB4 App on my iOS device, i would rather do that.
You have some of it correct, you don't upload the bms bef with the jb4 app you would upload it via the mhd flasher software on an android device. Think it sounds like they are working on an iOS version tho, fingers crossed.

All I wanna know, and have asked elsewhere with no answer, is what exactly will the back end flash provide to someone who already has a jb4? The common things I keep reading in these posts is how much a bef will improve a car with an upgraded turbo or for guys who run e85 but what about the rest of us?

Will my jb4 pwg catless dp f30 n55 6mt (my god this bmw turbo tuning acronym stuff is insane) benefit from a backend flash and if so how? What can I expect? Smoother? More power? More torque? More exhaust burble?