First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaynn786 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene89us View Post
Another set of data points from this morning - rainy day, so did not take any screenshots. However, to compare boost pressure to EGP:

In my N47, EGPs are ALWAYS higher than boost pressures, but not significantly. Variation is usually EGP 0.05-0.1 bar higher than boost pressures. Boost pressures respond in the same way as EGP to "throttle" - very comparable graphs with no noticeable deviation. Boost pressures read around 1.02 bar at idle, 1.2 bar cruising at 70 mph, and 3.4 bar when giving throttle for quick 60mph to 70mph highway acceleration. So I would imagine your boost and EGP should respond in the same way and should rise well over 2bar on quick acceleration. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more data points, I realize we have different engines, but maybe this helps to pinpoint the issue.
Thanks for your help - I managed to get it sorted. It was the pressure converter for the turbo bypass valve. Was not functioning correctly so boost pressure was leaking through this and in turn would not hit the desired exhaust pressure either.
Great news. Appreciate the update!
Appreciate 0