Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Yes of course, there would be a way, but they don't have time for all that palava at a dealership- they plug it in and computer tells them if it's detecting a remap.
Perhaps BMW would require the dealer to carry out a more thorough check if there was a major engine failure, potentially costing many thousands to fix?

I have the impression that household insurers take a similar approach - when paying out for smaller claims, they are fairly relaxed, but when asked to pay tens or hundreds of thousands, they look to see if there are ways to wriggle out of it.
Yes that's a possibility. I'd guess there are claim limits at which there is further approval and investigation required.
However, something that catastrophic is very unlikely due to a remap, much more likely manufacturing or component issue.

I think the real issue with a remap is several years and tens of thousands of miles down the line when injectors, turbos, drivetrains etc have all had a harder life...

I had mine done around 20k miles, and now at 98k.... I guess I'll be the guinea pig for everyone!
A very noble thing to do! @ guinea oink

Appreciate 0