Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

[QUOTE=Beek;24457325]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
All of the current lsd options will fit an xdrive car. We use the same rear end as rwd. The difference is only in the front (tcase, axles, a few suspension components).

I will not speak to other years and models but I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty the LSD offered by BMW in 2016 for 2016 model year cars will not work with a 2016 xDrive 340, I know this because I had the Dealer try to install it in mine when I had the MPPSK installed. In 2016 and possibly other years xDrive used different rear axles than RWD, according to my Dealer there was no way to make it work, and they really wanted to make it work as they were afraid I'd walk away and leave them with an MPPSK kit they could not sell and the LSD unit they are perhaps still trying to sell.
That was my understanding back in 2016 as well. I did just check the BMW parts website, and they list LSD for our 2016 340 xdrive now.

I'd like to get an LSD like the torque vectoring sport diff in my Audi SQ5. There is a traffic circle leaving my work that the bloated SQ5 drives around like on rails. My 340 xdrive understeers like a mofo on that same circle.
Appreciate 0