View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
johnnybforbacon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeg440i View Post
xDrive is confusing to buy things for, you're not alone haha I've been there done that.

the WIDTH of the tire (8.5", 9.5") is essentially irrelevant to the xDrive system, all you need to worry about there is whether they will rub the inside of your fenders when turning.

the DIAMETER of the tire (225) is where it matters. try this link: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

if you put your front sizes in slot 1, then rears in slot 2, it'll tell you the rolling diameter difference from front to back. this is the number that matters as it must be less than 1%.

it is much easier to run a square setup (same size on all 4 corners), but if you're more of a spirited driver like myself, you may wanna put the extra time & money into getting a staggered setup. I did, & I have no regrets!

Good Luck!!
I've just really confused myself I think between all the communication with wheels/tire companies and looking on forums.

I've just pulled the car out and checked the tires, to make extra extra sure because I actually measured the widths and the backs were definitely wider...

The actual sizes are:

Front - 225/40R19 89Y
Rear - 255/35R19 92Y

Does this sound right for an xDrive?

Sorry for all the confusion!
Appreciate 0