View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 07:47 AM   #32
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
how much pressure loss you have with wagner evo2 comp vs stock fmic at high rpms? (6000+ rpm)
I have no way of measuring pressure loss other than throttle response feel and lag. If I had to compare the feel of the car since replacing the stock FMIC to be honest I really don't feel a big difference down low but I felt I notice that the car had more power on a cool day with the Wagner vs the stock FMIC.

On my other car which had a side mount intercooler ,I replaced it with a much bigger front mount intercooler and as a result the car was laggier ,felt sluggish,until I upgraded the turbo and raised the boost. Which I will attribute to pressure loss due to increased area. The dimensions of the FMIC were extreme compared to the stock side mount intercooler.

I'm not really noticing on the 335i a laggier response with the Wagner FMIC vs the stock FMIC to my surprise. So perhaps the pressure loss, if there is any, is very minimal.

I am sure the Wagner will shine over the stock FMIC once I raise my boost and run the car in the 1/2 mile full throttle or Road Racing where you have constant on off throttle where the IATs are supposed to go up or down.

Last edited by ceedawg; 06-11-2018 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0