04-11-2021, 02:19 PM   #7362
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannylund View Post
After reading (almost) the full thread, I'm still a bit confused on which unit to buy

I have:
- F31 2014 with 8.8" (pro navi) NBT, Harman Kardon
- iPhone

If possible I would prefer to not having to remove any airbags. I noticed that some of the sellers specify different sizes, but wonder if this is really the case? Looking at the pictures, I kinda assume that they are similar in size as they do not look very different.

- Carlinkit 102x148x28mm
- AIOCOAI 253x103x23mm

I would be happy to hear recommendations on which to select, or if there are better options.
If you use iPhone/CarPlay on an NBT based head unit, Carlinkit (your 1st link) works really well for me (F15 NBT 10.25" screen) and is up to date with firmware updates (9.2.20.yl.b available on the first page). Besides you can also try the custom firmware for A version hardware. I am not sure if this community has enough experience with the AIOCOAI box (interestingly it has a blue antenna connector and different user interface).

EDIT: RAAF12/f30ill reported that AIOCOAI sells Andream hardware. Also I agree with you that there is a mistake in the dimensions. It should be 153x103x23mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Yep V3 is the latest version.

I hope your software is working good?
Thanks. Yes my box works really well with the latest firmware (similar to built-in wired CarPlay on another car). I especially like:

* Loudness setting for better sound
* Automatic echo correction configuration
* Full screen or split screen options for navigation
* Volume setting for different audio sources (so that volume can be adjusted to similar levels as iDrive)
* And Siri works so much better compared to BMW voice commands

Last edited by sbrook02; 04-12-2021 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 1