View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #105
SPACEMANRICK
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6 speed manual

What I don’t get are all the people that complain about one car or another being less sporty than their F30 automatic????

I test drove a F30 335i sports package with auto and a 2012 S4 with automatic and the S4 was a more fun, better cornering, better handling, sports car to drive. The major reason I did not buy the S4 was because there was 2” or 3” less legroom in the backseats and I need to occasionally have the extra legroom in the back. To me, my 2008 335xi in 6 speed manual was a much more fun, involving, visceral car to drive than either the F30 or S4 in automatic... the key difference is the 6 speed manual versus the automatic....We are talking about 3 series BMW’s not Porsche Cayman’s so right off the bat we are talking about a major compromise for a “sports” car, add in an automatic and we are talking even more of a family hauler that is not a serious sports car.

How many of the F30 drivers complaing about the S4 have actually driven the S4 around a corner and floored it with the quattro and the torque vectoring sport differential???

Last edited by SPACEMANRICK; 01-28-2013 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 0