04-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #159
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
That's exactly the point. The A4 is not offered in any sort of sporting configuration while the 328 can be had with the Sport Line. And there is no option for a more powerful version until you step up to the very sporty S4. And the basic Premium A4 Quattro lacks bluetooth and driver info system, both which are std on a base 328i. Of course the Audi gives you other features as std like leather power seats. And I wouldn't call DCT a "minor" concession as this is std on most high end sports cars these days as the optimum transmission.
I'm still confused on what you're trying to say. The A4 can have the exact same setup as the S4, less the sport diff. So an A4 S-Line is essentially an S4 with a different motor, very similar as a 328i compared to a 335i. Just because Audi uses a different letter doesn't make it a different car.

I don't really want to get into the automatic vs DCT setup, but with the ZF 8s having nearly identical shift times as DCT, what's the difference? Honestly, if it doesn't have three pedals, I really don't pay attention.
Appreciate 0