GingerPilotGuy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 328d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy View Post
The United States owners have all the fun! What about Canadian BMW diesel owners? Heard nothing, yet.
It has happened to me twice now.... as recent as last night. I just got word this morning that my HPFP failed again. First time at 40,000 kms (in 2018) which was replaced under factory warranty. Now, it just happened again last night at 105,000 kms... not under warranty anymore.

Always used good reliable gas stations, and Shell Vpower diesel when available... But I suppose I should've been more on top of additional additives to lubricate the system. I was planning to replace my HPFP as a preventative measure at the 130k km mark (which would've been 90k on the first replacement pump).

Dealership advised me a couple hours ago of a 17k CAD quote to replace full fuel system. I have escalated through BMW Canada and am waiting to hear on their verdict. I've had two oil changes done away from the dealership at a German Auto Specialty garage... hopefully that doesn't screw me.

Frustrating that owners in the US have received extended warranties on the HPFP, yet I have not heard any owner in Canada receiving the same letter. Anyone on here from Canada who has received the letter, please let me know.

If BMW denies me a paid fix, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I imagine a local garage would be 10-12k or so...

Has anyone had a pump fail, distribute metal through your system and then fix everything yourself? What kind of nightmare am I looking at? Can you flush certain components and reuse them? Or is it best to buy all the parts and rebuild the system as the dealership says is necessary?

I wanted to get 250-300k kms out of my car.... not quite 1/3 of the way through my goal, and I've eaten two HPFPs.... after being a "victim" of VWs Diesel-gate which lead me to a bimmer...... :/

Side note.... It sucks that I still love (mostly) everything about this car lol
Appreciate 0