View Single Post
      04-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #62
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite
I am guessing both u and your wife have the same seat setup?
No, by changing profiles your seats will move (on the F2 anyway)

On the F2, each profile remembers your last seat position before the car was locked or the profile was changed.

So, pressing the 8 button will call up my wife's profile and move ti her seats position. If you happen to be driving then a warning screen will appear on idrive. You have to click ok in order for your seats to move.

On the F2 the profile is not associated with a seat memory button. Instead, it is the last seat position before you lock the car (or change the profile) under that profile.

So, if the car is under my wife's profile and I change the seat position manually it all gets messed up.

The cure is to have seat memory position 1 under both profiles to have stored her seat settings. Then seat memory position 2 on both profiles should have my settings stored.

This way correcting a profile that gets messed up is easy.... Anytime the seats got screwed up, just select your profile...the seats should move if no one screwed them up. If they don't then just press your seat memory recall until your seats change. Then everything is all set again.

Finally, there is an option that must be set/unset in idrive in order for your seats to move when profiles are changed.
Appreciate 0