View Single Post
      04-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
TXDaddy
Joint Chiefer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

The wheel looks smooth under so either they dipped it, or painted it without properly scuffing the finish. If its dip - your in luck - just peel it; it actually protects the original wheel. If not - good luck - as paint is another story. It looks to me like someone did a real sloppy dip job and sprayed right over the lugs. When the lugs were removed, the coat was broken and started tearing. I like the original color - does it work with your car? If not, you can re dip for $50 - just make sure you remove the wheels. I love my black dip, and get lots of complements (from chicks btw - who's opinion I care about, as opposed to insults from trolls on a forum whom I don't)...

Name:  20180326_130418.jpg
Views: 5354
Size:  302.6 KB

It also looks like the calipers have been painted as well since the stock ones are matte and rusty when untouched after a very short time (normal but ugly). I have never heard of dipping calipers, since the heat and dip are not really compatible, but hopefully they used a separate caliper paint...

Name:  20180305_210410.jpg
Views: 4899
Size:  243.7 KB
Mojave Metallic | Premium | Driver Assistance | Cold Weather | Navigation | 442M 19" Staggered | Gloss Black Kidneys & Exhaust Tips | Ferrari Red Start Button | M Sport Pedals | LCI Sills | Hikari LED Fogs & Brights | VIP Moto 55W HID | FRG Flat Black Caliper Covers | CF Rear Spoiler, Eyebrows, and Roundels | Huper Optik 30% Ceramic Tint
Appreciate 0