05-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #85
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I ended up buying a CPO ATS but this was at the last minute. When I compared the price of a Premium ATS RWD 3.6 to the same spec 3 series it wasn't close. Premium RWD ATS comes with every performance option, leather, nav., HID, backup camera, MSRP of about $49k and I could have bought it for $45k (don't know now). Similar 335 was roughly $55k, not even close. Then my ATS has an LSD, Magnetic Ride, and staggered, forged wheels.

One reason I think the comparison tests are somewhat misleading is they (and maybe I, not sure) may agree that the 3 series is a better car if they cost the same, but reality is spec for spec they don't. Add in I want to keep my car for at least 120k miles and the number of people that say doing this with a BMW is a big mistake and it was enough for me.

Then in 2016 the ATS got a 8 speed transmission and the V-6 is all new with more hp and improved mpg but I haven't read a test on it but in the Camaro it gets good reviews.
I was mainly looking at the 2.0L turbo model, which is a much higher volume model. I just quickly built a 2.0L ATS and 328i and they are still pretty comparable in pricing, though the ATS did have more standard and Cadillac is now immediately taking $2,500 off as an incentive.

I'm pretty sure most people see the BMW as a greater value with similar pricing.
Appreciate 0