View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 12:16 AM   #8
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvac View Post
I think I agree with you. It looks great and I always appreciate some fine manufacturing and modding just for fun can be fun, but unless you find yourself consistently registering 5—10c above the 250 mark on your oil temp, this doesn't seem to make sense. In the video they note reduced oil temp of 5-10c for 500$ plus install. Is this really a problem for most of us? Even in the hot Texas summer, my car takes a while to reach 250 under normal conditions and doesn't really get any higher that I can see. If you're not doing some serious racing, this probably isn't worth the trouble. Anyone think otherwise?
Correct, this is focused on those of us who push the car hard for extended periods of time, to the point where the stock cooling system cannot keep up and maintain oil temps in the desired range. Definitely a track, aggressive canyon, or maybe autocross focused upgrade. However I autocrossed my car FBO with MHD 2+ and i didnt have any problems with oil temps with ~75 sec laps and only 3-4 mins wait between laps. It's really for endurance, as highlighted by OP video.
Appreciate 0