View Single Post
      06-09-2022, 07:28 AM   #160
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
It's good. Mine is the 300hp 2.5, but I got it to have more of an all-season car, so it's AWD. The tech and refinement isn't quite up to the level of a European car...but it's real close and those are all real small things that don't really make any functional difference IMO. It's definitely bigger than a 3 and 4 series (wheelbase is longer), but interior is a little smaller than a 5.

It's really damn near a carbon copy of a 430i. While there are some small differences, in the bigger picture it's more like they took a 430i and just made a carbon copy. Steering is better than BMW...but then again, what isn't these days? The rear hatch is massively useful. I won't buy another car for daily without one.

Reading the Stinger boards, the 3.3 makes good power, it's right up there with BMW and Audi. It can make a lot more power with mods, just like those other two. It's definitely the way to go if you want max fun with it.

My criteria was: hatch, AWD, ACC cruise, enough space, heated wheel and seats. I put 255s all around on it on Enkei wheels, stiffer swaybars, side skirts and small lip spoiler, in addition to the normal paint protection and tint.
I've driven a 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T for almost 2 years. It is the sister car to the Stinger. I concur with RM7 describing these as close to their Euro counterparts, but not quite up to snuff.

Plenty of power is there in the 3.3T, delivery is nice and linear without any significant humps. Handling is predictable (RWD), fit and finish and appointments are nice inside and out. The car does everything well above average - though brakes do chatter a bit and that awful Hyundai leftover infotainment.. Again the car is fully competent, but nothing is top of its class.

When I shopped it, I considered the M340 for about 10 minutes, but similarly equipped it was at least a $12K difference. Once I discovered the M240 earlier this year and for similar $ to the G70, I knew it was time to move on.
Donatello.1098.00