04-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #28
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
It will be interesting to see if the journo's enthusiasm is maintained when driving a stock vehicle instead of the fully loaded (red) 328i's that BMW keep sending out.

For example, I have yet to read a review of a car that didn't come with adaptive suspension (in fact, quite a few reviewers have expressly pointed this out).

Can't see it happening for a while though...
Good point. When I went to the dealer's F30 launch day, all of the cars (even the lines) were all tricked up.
The Modern line I was looking at had full leather, washboard wood trim, adaptive suspension and possibly more. They claimed it's done that way to let people see all the features. As I explained to them, I would have liked to have seen features like standard Modern interior and the standard suspension.
Anyway I've driven a car with standard suspension since and I liked it so that's okay. That said, I've had to order a car with a cloth\ leather interior I've not seen - even though it's the only colour interior available on that line!
At least I got a heads up on the absurd (in my view) washboard wood trim. Deary me...