Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbirdblack View Post
Thanks for your comment
you are correct about under damped. it is exactly how it feels,like running on worn shocks.
Do you have personal experience with lowering springs and koni shocks?
Sorry should have started with that!

Yes i'm running ST springs with Koni Yellows, initially with EDC dampers.
With the Koni the rear end was initially bouncy, but could get rebound adjusted to tame that and now it's OK.

Initially I had EDC suspension, went to KW DDC coilovers, but these were really harsh and too low at highest settings.

To extend on this topic, while I sort of agree with Watsey's comment, I also found that it's much easier to find springs specific to your very own car (Eibach and ST catalogs are extensive), while coilovers then to come with the same springs for all.

Unless you manage to customize your coilovers which could be best but i haven't tried that, I could in the future as I have a bilstein bespoke shop not too far away but that's a project for another year for me.

So either you have coilovers with matched springs and dampers but not very specific to your car, or you have specific springs but not necessarily matching dampers :-/
Which is why I chose Koni yellow dampers with the adjustment you can manage to match those.