View Single Post
      11-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #20
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

The numbers are not looking good right now around the world. Here in the US there are states that have icu's maxed out or nearly maxed out. As you can see on Worldometers we are really winning the CoV infection game.....in all the wrong ways.

With hospitalizations and deaths rising we are worried that our Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays will be super spreader events that layer on top of already high community numbers. The real problem is not the holidays per se but that with community spread so high and the fact that during the holidays we all relax, there will be a much greater likelihood of infection and spread. Yes many folks will recover, but with some having long term consequences; but more importantly we usually celebrate with parents and older family members and this in theory we risk worse outcomes because of the celebrations.

I admit I don't know what is the best course on a world level, a National level and personal level. We are looking at how we can make the holidays safe. For example do we all get tested and then test any family coming in and thus create a larger safe family bubble? That is possible...

Crazy times for sure.
Appreciate 0