View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #52
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolren View Post
Sorry to say but you're a BIG HYPOCRITE. Go buy a Mercedes-Benz if you like it.
Inigo: I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
I've read the same about the newer C63's, too, but since I've never actually driven one I can't verify that. I was only talking about the early-year C63s which I have personal experience with. But honestly, the steering in the regular W204 C class is waaayy too soft, if you're going around a gentle curve and hit a bump you always end up accidentally tugging at the wheel which is extremely annoying especially when someone else is driving and you're being tossed around the passenger seat. The rest of the C class is actually really good, if you live in an area with rough roads like I do I can totally understand why you would chose the C over a 3 series (I know plenty of people who had E90s and replaced them with C classes) but I remember the later year W203 C230s as being a ton more fun than the new ones.

Whatever steering my 2007 E90 had, it was excellent, but my 135i has an order of magnitude more steering feel so it wouldn't surprise me if the E90 had EPS since I know the 135i has mechanical power steering.
I've also driven the C250, and I agree with your assessment. It is actually quite sporty, but that sporting intention is noticeably let down by the overly light steering. I've read that the actual feedback is ok once you push it, but still the combination of the CLS sourced, ultra sporty steering wheel with that finger light steering effort came off as kind of weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwinds View Post
+1

not just him though, look at the 2011 E9X owners on this thread. It's expected of 2011 3 owners to hate the new generation (either they really hate it or hating it to JUSTIFY their 1 year old car that's kinda old now because of the new gen)
I do not hate the F30. I think it is a great car, and I would choose it over the C class as well. I also think it would serve my family better than my E90, although I'm not convinced that it will serve ME better. But that does not change the fact that the review was a pure horse manure and the reviewer sounded like a fat frat boy who's way too excited about being selected for some body spray free trial program.
Appreciate 0